Naked Cake Slices

 This cake came about because I had some leftover cake and buttercream and I wanted to use it up. And I thought of making something special for my daughters. So, I decided to make naked cake slices for them.

I started out cutting a 7-inch cake in 6ths. This will also work with eighths or even twelfths, depending on the size of the cake. Find a template for this online if you want to get it perfect.

And I put some Swiss meringue buttercream in a piping bag with a star tip.
First, not pictured, I placed the slices on top of each other to make sure they're the exact same size. Then I piped a few stars on a plate.
And I placed the first slice onto the plate.
And I piped the buttercream on it in shells and stars.
I placed the next layer of cake on it.
And filled it the same way.
And finally the last layer of cake.
And I piped more shells on top.
Finally, I put some sprinkles on top of the cake.
I think this cake has an elegance about it.
And my kids devoured the cake slices.
This is a great, personalizable dessert.
Watch us make these cake slices on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/ty2KytWGQ2E
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torten Stücke auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/p8gKI7s9HQE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper