Bread Baking: Syrniki (Russian Pancakes)

 I have a Russian colleague. He suggested to me that I make Syrniki on my channel. Since I had never heard of it before, I looked it up and discovered that Syrniki is cream cheese based pancakes. Sounds fun to me. Let's do it!

Syrniki (Russian Pancakes):
2 cups (450g) cottage cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup (65g) flour plus more to roll out
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
pinch salt
1/2 cup (g) raisins (optional)


Stir all the ingredients together. 



Prepare a hot skillet with about a quarter inch of oil in it heating on medium high heat. Also, you will need another bowl with flour. Coat both sides of the spoonfuls of dough with flour. You may need to work more flour into the dough to make it hold together. 




Fry on each side about 2 minutes. 




Serve with sour cream and berries.



Watch me make these on my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/EqZKVKPa8mI
Schaut zu wie ich diese auf meinem YouTube Kanal machen hier. https://youtu.be/KoocBHOLpuE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper