Two-tiered pastel squares cake for LDS Young Women

 This lovely cake was for a young women's activity for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I took the flavors from the girls. They expressed that they all loved chocolate combined with fruit. So, I made a 6-inch and a 4-inch vegan chocolate cake.

And I'm filling the cake with fresh raspberries.
And a gorgeous raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream.


I frosted the 6-inch cake.
The 4-inch cake was on a piece of cardboard covered in tin foil.


Final frosting and cleaned up the cake board.

For the decorations, I took my inspiration from this pamphlet: I'm using some of the colors and the squares theme.
And this medallion. This is the new medallion for the young women beginning 2022.
I covered the bottom tier with white fondant.
And the top tier with turquoise fondant.
I added wooden dowels on the bottom tier.
And I placed the top tier on top.
I am using these two square cutters. A larger one and a small one.
I started out adding some turquoise squares to the bottom tier.
But I created several colors of squares: pink, turquoise and yellow.
I placed some of the smaller squares of pink and yellow on the top tier as well.
My 6-year-old helped me with this step.
I freehand drew the medallion design onto the top of the cake using a pointed sculpting tool.
And I painted inside the design with gold edible paint.
I think this cake clearly follows the inspiration.
It was perfect for our new beginnings activity for the lovely young women we work with.







Watch us make this lovely cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/ulooWVm0xXU
Schaut zu wie wir diese schöne Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/JF3vozTbzks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper