Dragon 2D Birthday Cake

 This is another dragon cake in a series of dragon cakes. I make a dragon cake for a friend of mine every year. This year we're looking at a 2D dragon.

I know my friend really well, and she loves vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream paired with chocolate cake. This is a 10-inch vegan chocolate cake. 

She also wanted raspberries in the middle of the cake. I also had noticed that the cake layers were just a touch thin, so I decided to stand the raspberries upright to take up a bit more space.
Then I filled in the small gaps with more vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.
Then I filled in the gaps of the cake with more buttercream.
In fact, I used so much buttercream to this point, that I had to mix up a second half a batch just to frost the cake.
Then I rolled out some gray fondant and laid it over the cake.
Then I rolled out some orange fondant and traced around this image of a fire-breathing dragon I chose from google.
. I took the time to press the lines more deeply into the fondant.
Then I cut out the image with a knife.
Carefully place it on the cake.
I used the light orange to fill in the gap between the dragon’s body and the wings.
And I added a jagged border along the back of the dragon.
I added balls of white in the eyes. I added a pink tongue. And tiny bits of white fondant for the teeth.
I painted some black food coloring on the dragon to emphasize certain areas and defining some of the lines.
Now, I want to decorate the side of the cake. I want to add flames, but I don’t want to freehand them. So, I got creative. I am using a snowflake cutter with the yellow and cut them in half and placed them along the bottom of the cake.

Then I rolled out some orange fondant and used a holly leaf cutter. I cut one side off and placed them onto the yellow snowflakes as a non-traditional flame pattern.



Finally, I cut out my friend’s name from orange fondant and placed it on the side of the cake.
I love how this cake turned out. In case you couldn’t tell, Lisa’s favorite color is orange.
And I love how much orange I was able to put onto this cake.
I love the decorative flames and the dragon is just great.
Happy birthday, Lisa.

Watch us make this epic dragon cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/VmramFDhIzU
Schaut zu wie wir diese schöne Drachentorte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/PRS-WGtVtec

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper