Rainbow Hearts Thank You Cake

 This cake was a farewell cake for my daughter's speech therapist. She was leaving the practice and moving on to other things, and my daughter gets very attached to people and wanted to say thank you in a nice way. So, she not only designed this cake, she also helped me with every step.

I started out baking a 6-inch vanilla cake. I didn't know what kind of cake the therapist likes, so I used my classic vanilla cake. Everyone loves this one.

I filled and frosted the cake with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.

Then I covered the cake with white fondant.
And I colored a bunch of other fondant to be all the colors of the rainbow.
And Natalie helped me roll out all the rainbow colors. She wanted to make a rainbow hearts cake.

I used a fondant press mold to make all the letter of the word Danke (thank you) out of rainbow colors.

While Natalie cut out hearts from red fondant.
I placed the letters on the cake.
Then I made all the letters for the words Alles Gute (all the best) out of rainbow fondant.
And Natalie cut out a bunch of hearts from all the colors of the rainbow.
I placed the words on the side of the cake.


Then Natalie and I placed the rainbow hearts all over the cake.

Isn't it beautiful? I think considering a six-year-old designed and helped with every step, it looks amazing.
And Natalie's speech therapist was absolutely blown away. She wasn't expecting anything and she made sure to show all her colleagues the cake we made for her.
Wishing Natalie's therapist all the best for her future.






Watch us make this colorful cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/AKZTM_rRTW4
Schaut zu wie wir diese bunte Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/dnDJHUzT2Vo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper