Three-tiered Baptism Cake

 This monster of a cake was an order from a friend of mine for her son's baptism. 

I started out making a 9-inch lemon cake.

And I frosted it with lemon Swiss meringue buttercream.
And I stacked a 7-inch chocolate cake on a piece of cardboard covered in aluminum foil filled and frosted with milk chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.

And I cut another piece of cardboard about the size of the book cake I wanted to make.
Then I trimmed the chocolate cake the size I wanted.
And I filled and frosted the cake with chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.

I cooled each cake in the fridge while I worked on the other tiers. I frosted each tier again.


I covered the lemon cake with white fondant.
I covered the middle tier with blue fondant.
I rolled out some white fondant and pressed some wooden skewers into it.
And I wrapped it around three sides of the cake.
Then I rolled out some dark red fondant and cut it as close to the size as possible and laid it over the cake to be the cover of the book.
Then I stacked the cake. I cut some wooden skewers the right height and placed them in the bottom tier and spread some lemon buttercream on top to help the tier stick.
I placed the middle tier on top.
I added a few lengths of skewer into the middle tier.
Covered it with chocolate buttercream.
And I placed the book cake on top.
I chilled the whole stacked cake in the fridge while I made some decorations. I cut out the boy's name, Leon, and the word Bible out of black fondant twice and a bunch of little white doves.
I placed the name on the bottom tier.
The word bible on the spine and cover of the book.

Then I added a small strip of red fondant to be the back cover of the book and added a few small balls of fondant under the corners.
And I covered the small gap on the spine with more red fondant.
I added a stripe of white fondant to the bottom of the middle tier and used a pearl border form to make a pearl border for the bottom tier.

Then I placed white doves all over the middle tier.
This huge cake turned out so great.
I'm really happy with it.
It also reached its destination in one piece and my friend was really happy with it.
Congratulations on the baptism, Leon.









Watch us make this huge cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/JbnDiiRyTX8
Schaut zu wie wir diese riesige Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/aA_62Agm3KQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper