Spidey Birthday Cake

 This was a request from a friend for her 5-year-old son. He loves Spidey and His Amazing Friends. That's like Spiderman for preschoolers.

I made 8-inch vanilla cake with red food coloring.

There were three layers and I filled it with dark chocolate ganache.
I frosted the cake with the ganache as well.
I covered the cake with light blue fondant.
I cut out a bunch of gray fondant strips and placed them on the side of the cake at different heights to make a skyline.

Then, using a dresden tool, I made marks in the gray strips to look like the windows of the sky scrapers.
Then I rolled out some red fondant and traced Spidey's face onto it.
I cut out the number 5 and the name Tim.
I placed the Spidey head and the name on the cake and decided it didn't have enough room for the 5.
Then I rolled out some white fondant and cut out the name again and stacked it on top of the first name. And I cut out the eyes and placed them on the head.
Then I used black food coloring to paint on the outlines on the face.
I think it looks adorable.
It's simple and perfect for the Spidey fan.
Happy Birthday, Tim.


Watch us make this cute cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/JgNFI7G1uNs
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/ZWXCeiM4TYc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper