Baptism Cake with pink flowers

 This cake was for a friend of my kids. She just turned 8 and is getting baptized.

I made a 7-inch vanilla cake and filled and frosted it with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.


While the cake was chilling, I made the figure for the top. I made a cone of white fondant and cut off the top.
I added a head and neck on a toothpick.
I added the arms.
And blond hair.
And I added a small bouquet of tiny ribbon roses.
Back to cake.
I covered it in white fondant.
I put the figure on the cake and used a fondant press form to make the name Naomi and placed it on the cake.
I rolled out some pink fondant and cut out some flowers. I also used a ball tool on one of them and thinned out the petals.
I started placing them around the cake.
I kept placing them until I was happy with it.
I also painted on a face on the figure with brown food coloring.
I think this cake turned out lovely.
It was just what I wanted to make for 8-year-old Naomi.
Congratulations on your baptism, Naomi.




Watch us make this sweet cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/JL_OOENWmnM
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/P7h9H7dAxVw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper