Three-tiered Buttercream Wedding Cake with Piping

 This cake was a request from a friend for her wedding.

I started the day I put the cake together by making the buttercream. I made some raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream.

I also made a batch of cream cheese frosting.
I also made two cake boards to go under the layers. One 6 inches and one 8 inches. I cut out cardboard rounds and covered them in tin foil. I also had a purchased cake board that is 12 inches.
Then I placed the 10-inch vanilla cake on the purchased cake board. I filled it with raspberry buttercream.
I piped some buttercream around the edges.
And filled the cake with raspberry jam.
We had a total of 4 layers of vanilla cake. This is usual for a wedding cake. Nice and tall.
Then I crumb coated the cake with the raspberry buttercream and chilled it in the fridge while I worked on the other tiers.
Then I placed the 8-inch cake board on an acrylic cake board and stacked the red velvet cake on top of it filled and frosted with cream cheese frosting.
Also 4 layers.
Crumb coated and chilled.
The top tier is three layers of 6-inch red velvet cake filled and frosted with cream cheese frosting.
Then crumb coated and chilled.
Then I frosted each tier again.

Then I frosted each tier again with vegan American buttercream. I chose vegan American buttercream because it is the whitest and prettiest in my opinion.
And chilled them all as well.

Then I placed wooden dowels in the bottom tier and placed the center tier onto it.
And I placed dowels into the middle tier and placed the top tier on top.
Now that the cake is stacked, it's time to clean up the buttercream.
I also put some vegan American buttercream in piping bags. One with a medium star tip and the other with no tip.
I cleaned up the buttercream from stacking, filling in any gaps with the piping bag with no tip.
I piped a shell border along the bottom of each tier.


Then I piped some flourishes around the top of each tier.
Finally, I placed pink, blue and white flowers I had prepared beforehand.
I am so proud of how this cake turned out.
It turned out very elegant and very pretty.
But I have to admit, it was a lot of work.
The bride had a topper she wanted to use. So, I left the top open.
The bride was very happy with it.
And the cake got eaten as well. There was very little left over.
Congratulations Galina and Alex.




Watch us make this gorgeous wedding cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/yR6yHhaa-jQ
Schaut zu wie wir deise wunderschöne Hochzeitstorte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/K1gey1vWsak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper