Fondant Back to School Cake

 This cake was for my kids to celebrate the first day of school this year.

This is leftover cake from another project. This is a 5-inch round red velvet cake (without food coloring) filled with vanilla American buttercream.

I crumb coated the cake and chilled the cake in the fridge before frosting it again.
And I made some rainbow fondant including a peachy skin color to decorate with.
My 11-year-old daughter wanted to help.
I covered the cake with white fondant and cut out some black letters spelling out Back to School and placed them on the cake board.
Then I cut out an apple out of red fondant and a leaf from green.
I made a pencil out of yellow, peach and black fondant.
And placed it on top of the cake.
I added a yellow rectangle on the side of the cake.
And I painted ruler markings with black food coloring.
I made a paint palette out of peach fondant.
Then I started adding color splotches on the paint palette.

I made a paintbrush out of black, peach and red fondant.
Finally, I added A B C on the side of the cake in primary colors.
I love how this cake turned out. I think it's super cute.
My kids loved it and ate the whole thing. (Over the course of a week, I promise.)





Watch us make this adorable back to school cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/ictQWj7Pif4
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Rückkehr in die Schule Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/zd9Q3QgoXwU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper