Raspberry-inspired Wedding Cake

 This cake was an order from a friend of a friend. 

This cake was inspired from this one, however it was requested that the top be left free as they have a wedding topper already. Also, they wanted the colors to be inspired by raspberries.

So, I began a few days before by making roses in raspberry pink and baby pink.

Then I used a 12-inch silver cake board and the bottom tier is an 8-inch vanilla cake filled with raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream...
and fresh raspberries.

Then I frosted the cake with raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream.
Then I started the top tier. This is 6-inch vanilla cake filled and frosted with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.


Then I frosted the bottom tier again.
And I covered it in a store-bought roll of rolled out marzipan, which I have never used before and never will again. This product, while a nice, convenient idea, leaves folds and creases everywhere and is very difficult to smooth properly. Also, it's very thin and you can see the pink buttercream through the marzipan.
And I did the same thing for the top tier.
Now it's time to stack the cake.
I added dowels into the bottom tier with a long one in the center. There is a hole in the center of the cake board of the top tier, which I will be threading onto the dowel.
At this point, I find the cake the most discouraging. It looks terrible despite all the work I've done so far.
So, I started hiding the flaws. I cut out some dark purple stripes and placed them along the bottom of each tier.
I covered as many of the creases and folds on the bottom tier as I could with the abstract lines.
And I did the same thing on the top tier.
Then, I placed the roses on the cake. But, the more I looked at it, the less happy I was. I didn't feel like the cake needed more roses, but it definitely needed something.
Finally, I decided the cake absolutely needed daisies. I moved the roses around slightly and placed some daisies in raspberry pink and baby pink around the cake.
And now I like the cake again.
I think this cake is elegant and romantic with a touch of playful.
This is a very pretty cake.
Wishing the happy couple all the best.







Watch us make this beautiful wedding cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/U80Ol2pMFIo
Schaut zu wie wir diese wunderschöne Hochzeitstorte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/79KjFvOtad0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper