Angel Wings Memorial Cake

 This cake was as a memorial for a viewer of mine who lost her son. Anyone who has ever lost a loved one knows how devastating it can be. It helps to talk about it and to do something for that person, even if they can't be there. This is my version.

I frosted an 8-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.

I mixed up some sky blue fondant.
And covered the cake with it.
Then, with darker blue, I used a fondant press mold and pressed out the letters to make the phrase "too beautiful for earth".
I used a feather mold to make a whole bunch of feathers and placed them on the cake to look like angel wings. Then I made some small white stars and dispersed them around the side of the cake.
This cake is supposed to give a heavenly feeling. I hope I was able to achieve that.
Because those we've lost are all too beautiful for earth and we who are left behind miss them.
I hope someone finds comfort in my work as well.



Watch us make this touching cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/f_nXj0U_hns
Schaut zu wie wir diese bewegende Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/ZLxmPNdK4EI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper