Buttercream Cartoon Cake

 There is a cake trend going around of a cake that looks like a cartoon drawing of a cake.

I colored some buttercream black, light brown, blue and purple.

And I put the purple and blue in piping bags without tips, white with a medium round tip and black with a small round tip.
I stacked two 6-inch cake dummies on top of each other.
I frosted the sides with light brown buttercream.
I piped purple on top with a drip pattern on the side.
And I smoothed it on with an off-set spatula.
Then I piped a line of blue around the sides.
And I piped white swirls on top.
Then, beginning at the bottom, I started outlining everything with a thin line of black. The bottom line of the cake, around the blue lines and I added curves and dots onto the side of the cake to look like cake texture with holes.
Finally, I lined the drip, the top edge of the cake and around the swirls.
I think this cake looks amazing.
It is such a fun design.
Kind of ironic, though, to make a cake that looks like a drawing of a cake....





Watch us make this cool cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/JM54rtsZQyM
Schaut zu wie wir diese coole Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/aU240UC-IxE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper