First Day of School Schultüte Cake

 This cake was for my daughter's first day of school. It's a big deal in Germany. And they also have a tradition called a Schultüte, which is a cone-shaped decorated container with toys or treats or school supplies in it that is gifted to the school child on their first day. To celebrate this day, my daughter wanted a cake that looks like a Schultüte. So, here we go.

I started out by baking a 6-inch square chocolate cake.

I cut it from one corner to the middle of the opposite side.
And I placed it on a large cake board like this.
Using off cuts, I filled in some parts to build them up.
I stuck them down with buttercream.
I carved it with a small serrated knife and frosted it with buttercream.
Then I covered it with pink fondant.
Then I made a small book out of fondant.
And I placed it on the cake board.
I put the word Mathe (Math) on the cake.
And I placed my daughter's name on the cake board.
I placed a fondant ribbon on top and a large bow.
And I placed butterflies and flowers on the Schultüte.
I think this turned out adorable. My daughter loved it and was very proud that she was able to help make it.
Congratulations on starting school, Natalie.





Watch us make this sweet cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/Yxz6ZlCqAto
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/tnY5FR6kTo8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper